There is no better place to stay on the Gold Coast than on the Broadwater. You’re just minutes away from the heart of the coast, Surfers Paradise, but you’ve got the peace and tranquillity of the water in front of you. You’re close to all the big attractions, while still maintaining a more relaxing atmosphere. You can venture into the hustle and bustle and retire back to the quiet when you’re done. There are some wonderful dining options, you’re just across from Marina Mirage and the sunsets over the water are truly spectacular. While you’re here, why not check out the Australian Sand Sculpting Championships, hire a boat and cruise the water or tire the kids out with the dozens of activities on over the Easter holidays!
Australian Sand Sculpting Championships
For the art lovers, parents with kids, and the children at heart you won’t want to miss the Australian Sand Sculpting Championships. It’s truly amazing what these artists can create in sand. Held from the 3rd-26th of February, primarily located in Surfers Paradise, this is an event you definitely want to add to your itinerary – visitors and locals alike.
While the majority of the sculptures located along the coastline of Surfers Paradise, there are also 22 mini sculptures located on the ‘sand trail’ from Tweed Heads to Loganholme so be sure to keep an eye out for these additional pieces as well. The art is inspired by the sand and sea and they have some secrets up their sleeves for the 2017 event. Last year’s event also featured some iconic DreamWorks creations with characters from Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Shrek and more carved into sand.
Hire a boat
For something a bit different why not hire a boat and cruise the Broadwater? There are so many little inlets and islands to explore, you can go over to South Stradbroke Island, spend the day at Tipplers Island (only accessible by boat), go fishing or just cruise around. Depending on the time of year, you might spot some dolphins or jelly fish and be sure to give the other boaties a wave as you go by!
Easter on the Gold Coast
Easter is on the 25th-27th of March in 2017, and it’s the perfect time for a Gold Coast holiday. There are so many things to do – why not:
- Spend the days lazing by the beach while the kids play, swim and build sandcastles
- Have a picnic in one of the many Gold Coast Parks
- Go to one of the big four theme parks
- Check out the top of the Q1 and admire the view of the entire Gold Coast
- Go for a drive up the mountains and go for a walk, check out one of the look outs or have a look at the Glow Worm Caves
- Visit Purlingbrook Falls in Mt Tamborine, or explore one of the many other waterfalls and walking tracks
- Check out some of the local markets – there are markets on every weekend and during the week
- Go the AquaSplash water park – it’s like a jumping castle on the water
- Go stand up paddle boarding in the Broadwater
For more information on short stays or accommodation for your annual holiday or business trip at Sandcastles on the Broadwater, check out our website, or call (07) 5537 0000 for bookings.