The Broadwater is a beautiful place to stay when visiting the Gold Coast, not only are you on the Broadwater, you’re minutes from the beach and in the heart of the Gold Coast – everything you could ever want is nearby or a short drive away. Take advantage of the outlet shopping at Harbour Town, soak up the Christmas spirit with Carols, or go exploring the green behind the gold in the hinterland and check out the glow worm caves and national parks. And when you return to your hotel and you’re deciding where to eat, you will be spoilt for choice with so many wonderful dining options!
Why not check out Harbour Town for some last minute Christmas shopping, or to spoil yourself. They have recently opened 25 brand new outlets so there are even more bargains to be found. Plus, when you get hungry from all your shopping – there are over 20 alfresco dining options so you can shop to your content. They even have a free shuttle service if you’re visiting from out of town, so getting all your shopping back to your hotel won’t be a problem.
The Glow Worm Caves
The Gold Coast is famous for its golden beaches, but the green of the hinterland, which is sometimes forgotten, is worth the drive. Why not go out and check out the Glow Worms?
The Glow Worm Caves at Mt Tamborine are open daily from 10am-4pm, you don’t even have to wait for the sun to go down to see these beautiful creatures! It’s just $6 for children and $12 for adults – it’ll be something you remember for ever as you watch and learn about these extraordinary animals.
Lamington National Park
Lamington National Park is another wonder to go see, this world heritage listed site covers 20,200 hectares of parkland and forests and is home to over 160 species. Whether you want to go for a drive through the hinterland, stop for coffee and cake, go for a short walk to through the forest, check out a lookout or go for a hike, there is something for everyone. O’Reillys, Binna Burra and Mt. Tamborine are spots you want to check out if you’re not sure where to start!
Dining on the Broadwater
When you’re back at the hotel, and wondering what to have for dinner, you’re in luck as the Broadwater is host to dozens of wonderful restaurants and cafes. If you’re looking for a quiet coffee, a relaxed lunch or a fancy dinner, here are our Top 5 Picks (in no particular order, they are all wonderful):
1. Aqua Front is a seafood grill restaurant; their claim to fame is “best seafood grill on the coast!” The food is wonderful, the view stunning and they have great lunch specials! They also have a great selection of options for those who aren’t so keen on seafood.
2. Daark Espresso is renowned for their coffee, friendly staff and delicious food. Offering a more relaxed vibe, healthy options and delicious breakfasts. This is the perfect place for brunch, an early morning breakfast, or lunch with friends, and their sweet potatoes are delicious!
3. The Lazy Lobster is another amazing seafood restaurant, they have even won the peoples choice for best seafood restaurant three times, and on the Gold Coast that’s a big call. Being on the Broadwater they have stunning views as well!
4. Madam Tojo’s Coffee Palace is one of the most quirky and loved spots on the Gold Coast, this eclectic café has a fabulous atmosphere, delicious cakes and a cozy environment. The staff are wonderful, and you’ll love the decor!
5. Pizza Cittadella is open from 4:30pm till late and is perfect for a quiet and easy dinner after a big day of exploring and adventure. They have 30 different topping options so there is something for everyone, plus they have a selection of Italian favourites available as well (they also have a gluten free option!)
With so many dining options, how will you ever decide?
For more information on short stays or accommodation for your annual holiday or business trip at Sandcastles on the Broadwater, check out our website, or call (07) 5537 0000 for bookings.